Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default plastic to 2" cast iron waste

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:09:52 +0100, maxim naumov wrote:

I want a solution that lasts. mastic in my experience is very easy to
damage, thus loosing the seal. you only need to move/hit the joint once
and the seal is broken. it is difficult not to do when you are fitting a
sink right above the joint.

That's why I suggested (a) getting a mechanically snug joint (b) using
stixall rather than silicone (though a well-adhered silicone joint can be
extremely tough to break: it's just that silicone doesn't always stick
well)

--
John Stumbles

Things don't like being anthropomorphised.