Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default malfunctioning pressure regulator

"rbrittne" wrote in message
news:10f6f9ae0f67d7d870feff3f80fc4792@homerepairli ve.com...
i have air leaking out of the pressure regulator knob area. There is
little hole in the knob area where the brass nut fits in. It never
use to
leak. Also the tank does not recover nearly as fast as it use to. I
cant
even get one wheel off my car using an impact wrench. I never had a
problem with that.It said don't turn the regulator knob when the
guage
reaches max pressure. I did so. Did this damage the regulator? How
can i
fix it? thank you. Bob

On mine, the back screws off, exposing the offending mechanism. I take
it apart, and clean and grease where the parts slide in and out.
Re-assemble. Problem solved.

Bob