Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default help! 120V or 220V?

What some of the others said:
220/240 V is a tad more efficient, as the lower current has less "IR" drop
in the feed wires associated with it.

And, in addition to being easier on the wires, 220/240 inherently balances
the load lines coming into the house.
It is possible, with numerous large 120 V devices, to load only one leg
coming into the house, unless you explicitly balance stuff.
I deal with this all the time.

With 220/240, you don't have to worry about it.

Always go 220/240 when possible. Whenever possible, I rewire motors from
110 to 220.

In some cases, 220 just isn't readily available in some parts of a house.
Then, yer stuck w/ 110/120
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
A 220v machine will always be a little more efficient than a 110v one.

--
Steve Barker

"BryanL" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm planning to purchase a steam shower for my master bathoom and have
been doing some serious research, but I'm still hesitating between a
110V unit and 220V unit. The 110V is certainly more convenient, but
it's not ETL or UL certified. THe 220V is ETL certified but I heard
that it's very costly to run. What shall i do?