Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** is offline

Default NiCad Battery Question

It doesn't pose a problem to use a higher mah hour rating, in fact it
will run longer. I just got a new solar pool lamp, and the instructions
for it say as much. Additionally mine says to charge for two days before
using to get the battery fully charged. What this means is that I have
to bring it in at night and put under a lamp so that it doesn't run all
night. I would expect that if I put a battery with twice the capacity, I
probably should charge for 4 days .

Lou wrote:

I have an outdoor garden solar powered decoration that uses a small
solar panel and that charges a Ni-Cad AA Rechargeable Battery. The
battery needs replacing and it is an AA 1.2v at 600mAh. I looked at
Target, Walmart, and another store and yes, they all have the AA
Rechargeable Batteries but with like a 1000mAh rating. I do not know if
I need to stick to the 600mAh rating or can I use the 1000mAh rated
rechargeable battery? This decorative device is just a fiber optic
display in a gazing globe so the battery powers a bulb for the fiber
optics at night.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Lou

--