Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Weitzel Ken Weitzel is offline

Default NiCad Battery Question

Lou wrote:
I have an outdoor garden solar powered decoration that uses a small
solar panel and that charges a Ni-Cad AA Rechargeable Battery. The
battery needs replacing and it is an AA 1.2v at 600mAh. I looked at
Target, Walmart, and another store and yes, they all have the AA
Rechargeable Batteries but with like a 1000mAh rating. I do not know if
I need to stick to the 600mAh rating or can I use the 1000mAh rated
rechargeable battery? This decorative device is just a fiber optic
display in a gazing globe so the battery powers a bulb for the fiber
optics at night.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hi Lou...

Go ahead and use the larger capacity; it will make virtually no
difference, but if dollars mean much to you...

Last summer in our Walmart (Winnipeg, Canada) they had the smaller
capacity nicd's at a price that was almost a give-a-way. (pkg of 4
for only two or three dollars). The trick was that they weren't in
the places that you'd normally expect to find batteries, but were
rather hanging on the wall in the garden supplies department

Take care.

Ken