Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default No Septic Tank?

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Steve B wrote:

We are on a self-installed water system, and have a couple of other gray
areas that we do not want to draw attention to. The spring is at a point
50' higher than the highest property, so there's not a chance of
infiltration from the septic systems. ...

That's a reasonable bet, but certainly not ironclad. In mountainous
territory particularly, there _can_ be distant causes of head other than
local terrain. Periodic testing if not done now wouldn't be a bad idea
just to ensure conditions...

--

How does that work when all of the houses are lower than the spring?

Steve