Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Simpson Adrian Simpson is offline

Default Monitoring Power supply

In article , tony sayer
writes
I do, and they don't really seem interested. The first sub-station they
claimed to have problems with always seems to be the source of the
troubles.

Is there a cheap way of monitoring the quality
of the power supply (keeping a record) ?

No. Data loggers cost money.

I had a nasty feeling that might be the case.

Any of your neighbours getting the same problem?. If yes, then get them
to ratchet up the vitriol to central Notworks,. If just yourself put in
a !written! complaint about your supply, and demand them to put in a
recording device otherwise your going to take it further ..

The whole street (about 30 houses) has the problem. The area in general
seems to suffer, but I think to a lesser extent (when our power is off
on a night, the houses that back onto us usually have their lights on).

Whilst it is almost always flagged up as being the same substation that
has the fault, I'm not sure that I go along with this, if that were the
case then the number of people off would be in the thousands, not the
reported tens. If this substation really is the problem, then you would
think by now they would have got fed up with fixing it and be doing
something about it.

Like complain to the regulator, media, set your mother in law on
them...no ! thats prolly a bit harsh but you get the idea I hope;!....

Given the high journalistic standards of our local rag, it will probably
be reported as a burst water main. The regulator may be a next step,
MiL, you have an evil mind (I like it), however since that post is
currently vacant, I can't go down that route.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "news" with "adrian" and "nospam" with "ffoil"