Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default OK to Emulsion Inside of Shed?

In message , Dave
writes
wrote:

I need to paint the inside of our garden shed (my wife's decided it
needs to be turned into a wendy house...) I want to paint it a nice
bright colour & am planning to use normal household emulsion.
I'm wondering if this will work OK given that the wood inside looks
like it has been treated / painted at some stage - I don't know what
with, but it looks like a bog standard garden shed (I think it's about
10 years old).
I'm partly wondering if the paint will go on OK, but also whether
it's
likely to stay on. I'm a bit short of time, so haven't got much of a
chance to test it out, or look into different paints.

I wouldn't use emulsion paint. The first cold snap of frost will see it
flaking off.

We painted the inside of our old shed with cheapo white emulsion (made
it seem a lot lighter in there)

Were there about 5 more years before we moved. Never had any problems
with paint flaking or anything.

--
Chris French