Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default RIP Wickes

Owain wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:
What's wrong with Wicks?

- Most of what they sell is mediochre at best (e.g. tools)
- Limited selection - often only one type of each thing. Paint is
mainly own brand for example, and a poor selection.
- Timber quality is appalling.

- expensive.

Last time I compared like for like, B&Q were cheaper.

Our local one are good on the basic building materials - things like
plaster, cement etc are significantly cheaper than the BMs. Most other
stuff is not that exciting though. The grey power tools are usually from
a decent OEM, but often they want more for them that buying the real
brand elsewhere!

--
Cheers,

John.