Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default plastic to 2" cast iron waste

"maxim naumov" wrote in message
nightjar nightjar@ wrote:

plastic waste discharge freely into that. There is no need for bath and
sink waste pipe runs to be sealed, unless they discharge into a soil
stack, and the air gap will prevent any tendancy for syphonage to empty
the traps.

...but it smells. 8)

Possibly it does discharge directly into the soil system then.

I'd prefer it all to be sealed. any advice on caulking/rubber adapters? I
got a McAlpine caulking ferrule already.

I would look at fitting a bit of PVC pipe into the socket with mastic and
solvent welding adaptors onto that to step down to 40mm waste pipe. 2" PVC
pipe is about 60mm OD and 2½" is about 73mm OD.

If you have trouble sourcing short bits of pipe, I have tank nipples in
those sizes, which are lengths of Class E PVC pipe 160-165mm long, with a
thread cut for about 100-120mm from one end. They are business stock, so I
would have to charge and I don't have a price for the nipple without nuts
and gasket to hand, but, with postage, the larger should be under £20 and
the smaller probably about £10.

Colin Bignell