Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB dnoyeB is offline

Default help! 120V or 220V?

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:39:10 +0000, BryanL wrote:

I'm planning to purchase a steam shower for my master bathoom and have
been doing some serious research, but I'm still hesitating between a
110V unit and 220V unit. The 110V is certainly more convenient, but it's
not ETL or UL certified. THe 220V is ETL certified but I heard that it's
very costly to run. What shall i do?

The voltage is not going to determine the cost to run. Thats determined
by the wattage. A higher wattage unit may be 220V for other reasons
though.

220V is used so you can use smaller wiring in the walls. So instead of
getting even bigger wire when you go to the high wattage, you get a higher
voltage unit, then you can maintain the same gauge wire with the higher
wattage.