Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Broadband Cable & Mains Power Cable

In article .com,
writes
My thanks to everyone who has responded.

It appears that laying 2 separate cables that are at least 50mm apart
min. is the way to go.

I did a Google search on "Homeplugs" and since it appears that 2 plugs
are needed the expense is getting prohibitive and the security issues
are not very tidy.

My thanks again for your assistance,

Regards, Peter.

If it were my shed

I have my broadband come in to the gaff then to the modem/router that
goes to wherever I want via CAT5, which is very robust and noise immune.

The mains cable goes via a lump of direct bury SWA, the other cables go
in some 50 mm ducting that we got from a builders merchants c/w a phone
line and an intercom and front door bell, and CCTV signal via an RF
modulator.

If their all in the same duct it wouldn't bother me technically at all
re insulation and mutual coupling. In fact in an older property there is
a cat 5 cable buried underground by itself thats still in fine condition
having been there 8 odd years now!.

I'd not bother with the "plugs" for this at all, CAT 5 wired is a much
better system...
--
Tony Sayer