Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default Portable regulated CO2 system at Lowes

The Artist Formerly Known as Kap'n Salty wrote:

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/COMPA...STEM_P1796.cfm

This is more pricey by far, but includes a keg and other stuff. The
regulator (which is basically the main thing you need other than a tank
and assorted hoses) runs around $85.00. I couldn't see what the range
was on the Lowes regulator -- beer is usually dispensed at around 12PSI.

Might even be cheaper to get a bev regulator and DIY your own adapter
(assuming you need one) for a paintball tank, but I don't know.

I think the only other problem is that iirc paintball fills tend to be
expensive for the amount of gas you get.

That's kinda a neat little set-up!

A friend of mine had two draft taps on the front of his fridge. He
dissected a soda fountain dispenser to get the hardware, and ran the
tank and reg right beside the fridge. Soda kegs hold pretty close to the
amount of brew you get from a U-brew kit. :-)

I have been looking at making a paintball tank adapter for my MIG
welder. 20 oz of CO2 at the local supplier is about $10, and a fill for
a baby bottle from the welding supply place is around $50, last I checked.
For the amount of use I get out of the welder, it makes more sense to
use what is cheap and available, even at a slightly higher cost for the
consumables, I don't have the need for a large enough tank to get the
prices down.

When I was checking, I could buy CO2 for a bit over a buck a pound, to
fill a 20 pound tank. Most of the paintball places were charging 50
cents an ounce or a bit more to fill tanks. shrug No one ever starved
to death buying low and selling high. That's retail.

Cheers
Trevor Jones