Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Broadband Cable & Mains Power Cable

In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Probably. But the regs specify a 50mm separation, or an insulating
separator. Unless the BB cable is insulated to mains voltages.

If it's CAT5, it certainly looks like it is.

I don't think so. A quick search found a Belden CAT5e cable with a
rating of 48Vrms (RS 331-8663).

That probably just relates to the inter conductor insulation. Although
that too looks pretty chunky. But I was referring to the outer insulation
which would be the requirement if alongside a mains cable. Personally I'd
be happy to tape it to SWA. ;-)

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.