Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default NiCad battery discharge rate?

On Jun 18, 9:26 am, "Steve Barker"
wrote:
Really, only experimentation will tell the story. The higher the discharge
rate, the hotter they will get. You don't want them hot. And when they do
get warm, you'll want them to have a complete cool down before putting them
on the charger.

Not to be glib, but that's why I asked the question. "Hot" is a
relative term - more than room temp, to hot to touch, etc, etc. So how
hot is too hot? I had hoped there was someone who could point me to a
spec sheet on these things since experimenting at $38 a pop is not
good.
My battery charger somehow senses battery temp since it has a mode
"Charging delayed - battery hot", and I have seen it go into that mode
when the battery case only felt lukewarm in the hand.

KC