Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Portable regulated CO2 system at Lowes

Also the CO2 gas supply for drinks should not be industrial grade possibly
with oil and other contaminants, the gas should be identified for drink
dispensers and be oil free. I used to buy nitrogen for a film processing
machine, it had to be laboratory grade certified as oil free.

"The Artist Formerly Known as Kap'n Salty"
wrote in message ...
Richard J Kinch wrote:
Lowes now sells a portable CO2 regulator for paintball tanks:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...735-J-6901-100

For $90 (plus a paintball tank you have to supply?) you get
regulated CO2 on a 10-foot hose with quick-connect fitting.
Meant for running air tools from your belt, but looks like
it would work fine for beverage applications.

Anyone tried it or looked at it?

There's actually a product made for beer that uses one of these from
Williams brewing:

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/COMPA...STEM_P1796.cfm

This is more pricey by far, but includes a keg and other stuff. The
regulator (which is basically the main thing you need other than a tank
and assorted hoses) runs around $85.00. I couldn't see what the range was
on the Lowes regulator -- beer is usually dispensed at around 12PSI.

Might even be cheaper to get a bev regulator and DIY your own adapter
(assuming you need one) for a paintball tank, but I don't know.

I think the only other problem is that iirc paintball fills tend to be
expensive for the amount of gas you get.

--
(Replies: cleanse my address of the Mark of the Beast!)

http://www.swampgas.com/robotics/rover.html

Coauthor with Dennis Clark of "Building Robot Drive Trains".
Buy several copies today!