Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Portable regulated CO2 system at Lowes

"Pete C." wrote in message
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Lowes now sells a portable CO2 regulator for paintball tanks:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...735-J-6901-100

For $90 (plus a paintball tank you have to supply?) you get
regulated CO2 on a 10-foot hose with quick-connect fitting.
Meant for running air tools from your belt, but looks like
it would work fine for beverage applications.

Anyone tried it or looked at it?

One other note: I'd be concerned about using CO2 in my air tools
with
the greater cooling effect than air, unknown effect on tool
lubrication
and potential for accidentally feeding liquid. The solution is easy
however, just get air fills from a SCUBA shop instead of CO2. It's
cheaper as well.

But, it's next to useless. The amount of air you can store at CO2
pressures is very small. CO2 is stored as a liquid. The volume
produced is way higher than air at the same pressure. Just like water
produces way more volume in steam when you boil it.

Bob