Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Using a canister vac instead of a shopvac?

Toller wrote:

I have never used one but that was was I feared. The Dyson claims it has no
filters of any kind. How do they do that?

Actually, the Dyson (at least some models) does have a final-stage
hepa-filter. It'd be interesting to see how it does with drywall dust.

I suspect the current best bet for fine dust would be a shop-vac sized
cyclone (either the Oneida or the Clearvue) then a shopvac with a
Cleanstream (water-washable, HEPA) filter.

I've had a Cleanstream on my Ridgid shop-vac for a couple years now, and
really like it. It clogs up with lots of drywall dust but the exhaust
air stays clean.

Chris