Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Broadband Cable & Mains Power Cable

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:06:31 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Probably. But the regs specify a 50mm separation, or an insulating
separator. Unless the BB cable is insulated to mains voltages.

If it's CAT5, it certainly looks like it is.

I don't think so. A quick search found a Belden CAT5e cable with a rating
of 48Vrms (RS 331-8663).

Personally I'd not run the xDSL signal any further than it absolutely has
to. Fit the DSL modem at the NTE and run network cabling to your
switch/firewall or WHY.

If you want BB in your garden workshop either run a network cable or two
(phone as well?) in a separate conduit(*) or use one of the network over
mains devices previously mentioned.

(*) The mains really ought to (must?) be run is SWA and that can be
directly buried in sand in a trench so only a conduiut for the LV stuff is
required.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail