Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Broadband Cable & Mains Power Cable

wrote:
It is a long time since I last posted on this forum but I have a
dilemma.

I need to bury a mains power cable about 25 Metres in length to my
workshop at the bottom of my garden.

At the same time I need to have a Broadband cable to the same
workshop.

My question is this, will it have an adverse effect on the Broadband
signal if the 2 cables are buried in the same conduit?

It may, it is contrary to how it is supposed to be done, but in reality
will usually work without difficulty. You could also use "home plug"
devices to do away with the data wire and route the network over the
mains instead.

--
Cheers,

John.