Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default How to raggle a brick wall?

"John Rumm" wrote in message

I'd like to raggle the brick wall in my bathroom to accept a 15mm pipe
for a shower.
What is the best method to cut the raggle?

Oh, now there is a term I had not heard before ;-) I guess you mean how do
you cut a chase...

I tried a bolster and hammer, but think I'm likley to knock the wall
down using this method!

It will work, but is 'kin hard work if the bricks are hard. Wall chaser or
SDS are your best bets. Detail covered he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Wall_chaser

If you are going to try the angle grinder approach then read the warnings
about dust and take note! You can reduce the dust created a little by
having an assistant position a vacuum nozzle just under the cutting disc
for you as you work.

Failing that, the wall chaser that Cicero linked to (its the model I use)
will make practically no dust at all if hooked up to a decent vacuum.

What vacuum John? I find the Henry does not like fine dust. I know it only
take a minute to bang the filter clean. Am I expecting too much of the
vacuum?

Adam