Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default How to raggle a brick wall?

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 18 Jun, 09:39, wrote:
I'd like to raggle the brick wall in my bathroom to accept a 15mm

pipe
for a shower.
What is the best method to cut the raggle?

You cut raggles with an angle grinder and a normal stone cutting

disk.
Diamond disks are too narrow to get the lead in easily.

This isn't a raggle though, if it's big enough to put a pipe in --
that's a chase. Raggles are narrow slots, as used for flashing.

When cutting chases in these days of power tools, the question isn't
how to cut it (that's now easy) but how to cut it with the least
flying dust. For that reason, if you're working in a house that's
already decorated, it's worth hiring a twin-disk chaser with a built
in dust hood. You can do the job in minutes with an angle grinder,

but
you'll spend hours clearing up afterwards.

Is that when the lady of the house looses her raggle ?

AWEM