Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default drain pipe connection questions

I sold my home and durring the home inspection they brought up 2 plumbing
issues that I am questioning.

1. My bathtub has a rubber hose connecting two pvc drain pipes. The one
pipe comes out of the tub and the other goes to the sewer pipe. The hose
connecting them looks like a car radiator hose with clamps on each. Is this
wrong even though there are no leaks? If it is what needs to be used to
connect the two pvc's? The rubber hose is in a semi-circle shape about 13"
long.

2. I have a ventalation pipe that comes down from the sealing behind a wall
to the basement where it is connected to my kitchen drain with a "T" shaped
pvc pipe. Who ever put it together used a mound of sealer, probably 1/4
inch thick to connect the pvc to the metal vent pipe. The inspector says
the glue has to be removed and it has to be sealed properly. This pipe is
just a vent and does not leak and never will. The connection is so strong I
don't even know how I would get it apart. What would one suggestion to fix
this and does it actually need fixing?

I would appreciate any suggestion on these items.

Thanks