Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default DIN loudspeaker socket

Another Nick wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:

To be honest, I'm not sure that I can remember ever seeing these rare
connectors offered as a regular 'for sale' item. They may have just been

manufacturer's special. They certainly weren't all that common, and I

think
I only remember seeing them on stuff like old Ferguson open reel tape

decks
and the like. Could you not just 'blank' the holes with a bit of ally

sheet
or pcb material or sheet plastic or something, and fit switched jacks
instead ?

Arfa

Yes, and I probably will... just wanted to see if anyone in 'Netland might
come up with a drop-in replacement in the meantime.

Thanks
Nick

I have some NOS old style 2 pin din chassis sockets but no third terminal
or switch.
Require a 15mm hole and 18mm diameter lip prodrudes outside and inside
retained by a circular spring clip

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England