Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default How to raggle a brick wall?

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 01:51:57 -0700, mark.hannah wrote:

On 18 Jun, 09:49, Cicero wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 01:39:21 -0700, mark.hannah wrote:
I'd like to raggle the brick wall in my bathroom to accept a 15mm pipe
for a shower.
What is the best method to cut the raggle?

I tried a bolster and hammer, but think I'm likley to knock the wall
down using this method!

Mark.

==================================
Hire or buy a 'wall chaser' like this:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...-wall-chaser-1...

Alternatively cut two parallel grooves with an ordinary angle grinder
and chisel out the waste between the grooves. Be prepared for a lot of
dust whichever method you use.

Cic.

--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

Wow - that's some machine!
I think I'll use my angle grinder - what type of disc would you recommed
for the job?

Mark

Diamond - quicker than standard abrasive and slightly less dust although
I don't think you'll really notice!

Cic.

--
Using Ubuntu Linux