Tony 9-5 Tony 9-5 is offline
Junior Member

Many thanks for your quick reply. Looking at the passageway I think it is highly likely that there was a door at one time so I will just be putting it back. Ventilation isn't a problem, draughts, now that's a different case !

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
The short answer is almost certainly no.

Even if you were technically required to do so, most people would
advise you not to bother. And if you were reinstating a door that once
existed, it could be considered a repair.

For those that really are bothered, possible areas of concern might be
Part B (fire protection and means of escape - the addition of a door
generally improving things rather than v.v.), Part F (ventilation -
though older houses usually have more than adequate ventilation) and
Part J (combustion appliances - and adequate ventilation to those I
would take seriously).

Read all about it:

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/eng...314110382.html