Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] olysan@nethere.com is offline

Default Noisy Pipes on well

Recently had a problem with the well, a myers 3/4 hp on a 65 foot
well. when the pressure gauge failed I replaced it and adjusted the
pressure in the bladder tank. Shortly thereafter there started to be a
buzzing rattling sound in the pipes throughout the house when the pump
starts up, that gets quieter as the pump appraoches its shut-down
point. At first I thought it was a high speed version of water pipe
air hammer, but that should have cleared up eventaully as the air
worked its way out. Or can this be caused by a failing air bladder in
the tank? Any advice on this matter is appreciated before I have to
break down & get ear plugs.