Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default "Export" Schematic Page from a .PDF File Service Manual

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:22:18 GMT, (Brad) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi,

I have (free) Adobe Reader V5.0 (Windows 98SE computer). I bought a
.PDF
file service manual for a TV. Unfortunately, a printout (quality HP
printer)
of a schematic page does not produce the desired results. I tried
everything.

Adobe's "Help" indicates I can print to an bitmap image file, but no
details on how to do it! This would be GREAT because I can use a
graphics
editor to select the part of the schematic I want printed (larger print).

Does anyone know a technique to "export" a schematic page from a .PDF
file into a graphics image file (ex. PAGE38.BMP)?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Zoom in to the desired part of the schematic and then select the
Current View radio button in the Print window. I'm using Acrobat
Reader version 6.0.

BTW, you can dramatically reduce the startup time of Acrobat Reader by
disabling unnecessary plugins:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-...-SpeedUp.shtml

- Franc Zabkar

Hey Franc - thanks for that ! Certainly did the trick. Acrobat starts up in
about a quarter the time now. Heartily recommended to anyone who finds
themselves using the prog regularly ...

Arfa