Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Builder did not leave enough room for standard fridge

kris3432 wrote:
Well I can't call the builder any names yet since he does not know
about this problem yet and has not spoke to me about it.... but we
are not very happy with the realtor at this point. I was under the
impression that her job was to represent myself and my husband and
it we had a problem that she would make it her problem, instead she
seems to take the position that it is no big deal.

Realtors sell houses. Realtors are not builders. Realtors are not
construction superintendants.
__________________

(In a past
problem a window on the front of the house was obviously misplaced
and she didn't think it was a big deal either, but the builder was
embarrassed about it and sent an crew to the house the same day a
fixed it.) I just was wondering if I was being irrational bringing
it to their attention and asking what could be done about it.

My personal opinion is that he should split the cost of the
"upgrade" refrigerator with us.

That depends upon the plans...if it was built according to plans he
*owes* you nothing; if not, he is obligated to correct to specs...if
he doesn't want to/won't do that, THEN you can haggle over who pays
what.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...