Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Advice on lowering toilet flange in a lead bend.

The only proper method I know of would require cutting the pipe
and re installing. I've not ever reset one on lead pipe, but an
offset grinder with a weld cutting blade worked quite well on cast
iron and would probably do well on the lead. Shove a rag or
somesuch in the pipe to catch debris

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am re-doing my bathroom and gutted everything out, including
the old
mud tile floor. What the problem is now is that my toilet flange
is
about 1-1.5" above what the new finished floor would be. It
looks like
a cast iron flange soldered to a lead bend which is in the
concrete
floor( on a slab). How can I lower the flange once my tile floor
is
installed? It looks as if I would have to cut the flange off and
install a new flange over the lead pipe and solder it again, or
do
they sell something for this application . Any advice
appreciated.