Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave M Dave M is offline

Default "Export" Schematic Page from a .PDF File Service Manual

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:40:06 -0400, "DaveM" wrote:

"Brad" wrote in message
Hi,

I have (free) Adobe Reader V5.0 (Windows 98SE computer). I bought a .PDF
file service manual for a TV. Unfortunately, a printout (quality HP printer)
of a schematic page does not produce the desired results. I tried everything.

Adobe's "Help" indicates I can print to an bitmap image file, but no
details on how to do it! This would be GREAT because I can use a graphics
editor to select the part of the schematic I want printed (larger print).

Does anyone know a technique to "export" a schematic page from a .PDF
file into a graphics image file (ex. PAGE38.BMP)?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

You can't extract pages with the free reader. You need the full Adobe Acrobat
software (expensive) package to do that. And if the author of the PDF file
secured the PDF package, even the full Acrobat package won't allow you to
extract pages unless you know the password to the file.

Have you been able to get what you need from the PDF file yet? If not, I have
the latest version of the full Acrobat package, so if the PDF isn't protected, I
might be able to help you.
How big is the PDF file? If it isn't too big to attach to an email, you could
send to me and I'll do what I can to help. I should be able to extract the
image that you're trying to get, then send that back to you.
If it's a really big PDF file, then maybe you could post it on a web site
somewhere so I can download it.

Cheers!!!

Dave M

masondg44 at comcast dot net