Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default How to Clean Aluminum Trim For Painting

On Jun 16, 7:49 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
My freshly painted garage door sure makes the aluminum trim look like
crap. I'd like to throw a coat of paint on that also, but I know I
have to clean it first to remove the chalking.

I searched this group and it says to power wash aluminum siding before
painting, but I think that's bit of overkill for the trim around a
garage door. What's a good alternative for cleaning the trim before
priming and painting?

What a way to spend Father's Day!

Jasco Prime & Prep the best stuff for priming metal for paint;
rusted or un-rusted steel, glavanized steel and aluminum

I searched for metal prep compound last summer & after extensive
research found this stuff

http://www.frazeepaint.com/products/specs/pdf/Jasco.pdf

http://www.jasco-help.com/products/s.../22/index.html
http://www.jasco-help.com/products/s.../21/index.html