Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Laptop LCD repair. INVERTER bad...

"rb" wrote in
:

"JW" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:51:30 -0400 "Max" wrote in
Message id: :

Inverter has been confirmed bad. I don't have any output from it.

What usualy go bad with them ? Transfo , caps ?

In my experience, FET's and picofuses. As Michael has said, often the
picofuses go for no reason - replace 'em and you're often back in
business.

Is it a kind of switching power supply ?

Yes. The step-up variety.

Anyone ever fix one of the Sony inverters?
Tokin S405-b001-z1-0 ???
Rather hard to tell what's what.

Can you find a datasheet on the inverter IC?
They usually have a circuit that's close to the end product.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik