Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default How can I repair the turntable floor in a microwave oven?

On 16 Jun 2007 16:51:24 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
MM writes:
I have a Sanyo domestic microwave oven approximately 8 years old that
still functions all right. The problem is that the floor of the oven
on which the glass turntable rotates on its spindle is rusted through
in one or two places.

Sorry, but that's an immediate PAT test failure because of microwave
leakage. You need to render it unusable (cut the mains cord off right
up against where it enters the case) and dispose of it. Repairing it
safely and correctly would be much more expensive than a replacement.

Okay, okay, hofficer! I'll come clean! Look, no guns! No, that's just
a table leg! I was trying to render the microwave unusable. ID card?
DNA sample? What else do you need? Oh, my fingerprints. Right-o.

MM