Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default How can I repair the turntable floor in a microwave oven?

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:55:44 -0700, wrote:

On 16 Jun, 12:45, MM wrote:

I have a Sanyo domestic microwave oven approximately 8 years old that

In the end I bought it from Sainsbury's. I tried the local
independent: Daywoo: £37. Spalding independent: Sanyo: £59. Boston
Comet: £39.99. Sainsbury's: Own brand: £23.97. All are manual. I don't
need fancy pushbuttons on the front panel. The Sanyo was 800W, all the
others 700W. It'll suit my minimal requirements for a few years, no
doubt. Shame they're all boring white nowadays. I wouldn't touch a
silver one with a bargepole; they look totally naff. Sainsbury's also
had a stainless steel own brand one for another four quid, but that
looked totally naff as well. Hinari do pale blue or pale yellow
(cream) ones, but Hinari haven't much of a reputation, I think. And
anyway, they were way more expensive.

MM

Theyre a tenth the price now, but will they last a tenth as long?

Who knows? My 14" Sony Portable TV is still going strong after sixteen
years. It broke a few days after the guarantee expired when it was two
years old, and I thought, oh, right, planned obsolescence. But since
the repair it's worked fine. The front panel covering the tuning
gubbins fell off ages ago, but the TV works fine. It'll probably still
be working when I buy my first digital TV in around 2016.

MM