Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Shallow well pump recommendation

On Jun 16, 8:48 am, "Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at
zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote:
snip

To make a long story short, I want a good quality pump and I'm thinking
of
chucking the Flotex and getting something better. I haven't yet found a
repair kit for the Goulds, and I need water tomorrow. Any pump
recommendations, and any supplier recommendations? I live in Lebanon,
Oregon, about 45 minutes south of Salem Oregon.

Any farm supply store (Grange, TSC) will have pumps as will most
plumbing shops.

Harry K

Hi, thanks - do you have and brand name recommendations? Pumps to avoid?

Goulds is good. The places you buy from can advise on brands. In
general when shopping for something like that, given choices,
eliminate the cheapest one. I usually also eliminate the most
expensive one.
When you re-install be sure the footvalve is several feet off the
bottom of the well.

Harry K