Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default TAG8730

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:58:41 +0200, "b" put finger
to keyboard and composed:

"Simoc" wrote in message
oups.com...
b wrote:
Could someone tell me what kind of a component is TAG 8730

Dunno, but I'd guess a triac. Just thought as there are some triacs
with "TAG"-prefix (such as TAG220).

Where did you meet it?

That element is used in motorcycle regulator/rectifier.
It is on alternating side ant there where two TAG8730 elements.

Except two TAG8730, in rectifier/regulator were

2 x BC337

These are 500mA transistors. This is not enough current to drive the
field winding, so that could be the function of the TAG8730 devices.

GRAETZ

What is that?

1N4740 (zener)
3 condensators
2 x 1N4007 (diod)
5 resistors

Why not draw up a circuit diagram?

Have you taken any diode measurements across the p-n junctions?

- Franc Zabkar