DoN. Nichols

Default Calculator

In article ,
Erik wrote:

Hmm ... I *think* that the 'C' in the model number indicates
that it is one of the early ones based on CMOS technology, instead of
the NMOS used in the earlier ones -- 35, 45, 55, 65, 67, etc. I believe
that there was a 25C as well, a smaller version of the form factor of
the 35 et all, but with CMOS technology.

[ ... ]

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I recall reading that the 'C' in all
those HP calculator model numbers meant they had continuous memory...
something really cuting edge at the time. I think the 25-C might have
been the first with it.

You might well be right about that -- but at least the memory
had to be CMOS to not drain the batteries over time, and mine still run
several years on a single set of three 357s.

Maybe I should hook it up to a power supply, and measure the
current drain when "on" and "off", just to see.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564