Posted to sci.electronics.repair
m kinsler m kinsler is offline

Default 2002 Toyota Camry Radio 86120- AA040

On Jun 16, 8:12 am, PeterD wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 03:50:51 -0000, m kinsler
wrote:

Presumably this is yet another cry for help, so I did a very brief
Google search on Kendra Weissbein. It's not altogether surprising
that the name belongs to a child psychologist at a counseling service
in Santee, California, not far from San Diego. Here's the best
listing I have:

CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST, WEISSBEIN, KENDRA CP, 8760 CUYAMACA ST 211,
SANTEE, 92071, 6195969892

Considering that poster was from Germany I doubt anything in CA will
be terribly interesting to him. He/she is/was just a troll, and
ignoring is the best response.

I understand that, and it is indeed true that the best policy for
peace within any discussion group is to ignore such posts. I will do
so in the future.

But this kid seemed a bit more persistent than many, and I believe
that it is possible to disguise the place of origin of posts (a couple
of months ago an e-mailed bomb threat to our local high school from a
local resident was funneled through a disguised site in Great
Britain.) Kendra Weissbein is not a common name (hooray) and the fact
that there's a child psychologist by that name and a young person who
is using that name to send crazy posts about injured animals seems a
bit like a cry for help. Three or four posts from an unattended
account from someone who wants to pull a prank is one thing, but this
has gone on for quite a while, and on three separate Usenet groups.

It's difficult to know what to do, but I felt that in this case it
would be worth one more response to let the poster know that someone
was paying enough attention to her posts (dunno why I think it's
female, but I do) to undertake at least a token investigation.

M Kinsler
amateur social worker, like most kids of his generation