Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Shallow well pump recommendation

On Jun 15, 7:38 pm, "Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at
zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote:
Last year I used a Goulds JRS5 pump. I sucked up some gravel and damaged the
impellor, so I replaced it with a Flotex el-cheapo that I got from Home
Depot. I'm not a pump expert, so I judge the pump by how many impact
sprinklers I can run at once. The Goulds ran 3, the Flotex ran 2. Within the
last week, I've started to loose volume/pressure from the Flotex, and now it
won't run one single impact sprinkler. I can get a reasonable volume out of
the hose at low pressure for watering by hand, but not enough volume at
25+psi to run the sprinklers. I pulled up the intake tube from the well and
examined it, screen is clean, water level is ok, no obvious problems,
connections all tight. The pump does not loose it's prime, and I don't hear
any air being sucked in, nor is there any air bubbles coming out of the
output. For whatever reason, this pump is not longer usable, and I need
water tomorrow.

To make a long story short, I want a good quality pump and I'm thinking of
chucking the Flotex and getting something better. I haven't yet found a
repair kit for the Goulds, and I need water tomorrow. Any pump
recommendations, and any supplier recommendations? I live in Lebanon,
Oregon, about 45 minutes south of Salem Oregon.

Any farm supply store (Grange, TSC) will have pumps as will most
plumbing shops.

Harry K