Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default icynene foam insulation

Pat wrote:
On Jun 14, 4:13 pm, wrote:

We live in Northern New York. Our home has cathedral ceilings with no
air space to the metal roofing, in the winter we get severe
condensation and leaking. We were told that removing the metal roof
and having the spray foam put in then a 2" air space, plywood and
metal roof put back on would be the answer.

Why wouldn't you blow in cellulose instead?

One advantage to many of the spray foams is that they also act as a
vapour barrier. This is useful for retrofit work as it can often be
difficult to install a proper vapour barrier after the fact.

Chris