Posted to rec.woodworking
todd todd is offline

Default ee's please reply - (or those who think think they may know)

Tom Veatch wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:50:12 -0500, dpb wrote:

Trust me, there are some _REALLY, REALLY BRIGHT_ folks who do this stuff
for a living -- if it were feasible, they would have already done it...

Believe me, I'm not trying to be a wiseass, but there were some
"REALLY, REALLY BRIGHT" folks in the 1800's. So why didn't they
"already done" semiconductor devices?

The point is, we don't know all there is to know about (fill in the
blank). Right up until Kitty Hawk really bright people were insisting
that heavier than air powered flight was impossible - even though
gliders had been around for years.

Ease up on the analogies. We're not talking about having to invent a
superconductor. The actual products that Tom is wishing someone would use
are already in existence in relevant industries, they're just not being used
in quite the way that Tom is contemplating. It's just that electrical
engineers aren't creative enough to connect the dots.

todd