Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb Tim Lamb is offline

Default Monitoring Power supply

In message , Adrian Simpson
writes
I suspect that I shall be disappointed, but here goes.

The power supply around here is not the most reliable in the world.
Today it has gone off three times (off for ~3 hours so far), and I
suspect that the voltage is down (fluorescent won't fire up, normal
bulbs are flickering). Is there a cheap way of monitoring the quality
of the power supply (keeping a record) ?

Summer is the time when planned maintenance is carried out. Reduced load
and better weather/more daylight.

You usual supply may have been temporarily re-routed to allow repairs.

Sometimes you can infer what is going on when short interruptions occur
*on the hour* or half hour as switching takes place.

Our 11kV overhead is due for refurbishment this Summer so I guess the
village of 6500 will be lumped in with the neighbouring town on a single
supply.

regards

TIA

Adrian