Posted to alt.home.repair
Homer Homer is offline

Default No Septic Tank?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:48:53 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I went to my cabin this week to dig up the septic tank cap. I found where
the line came out of the house, and followed it for a few feet. It was
angled down into the ground at a steep angle, and I did not reach the tank.

I took two metal dowsing rods and located all the branches off the line from
the house. It looks like there is a main line from the cabin, a branch off
that, and then five lateral lines off that branch. I could not locate a
septic tank. We ran a hose down the line from the house, and it went twenty
feet straight to a point on the hill where past that, there could not be a
tank. And none of the lines hooked into a line coming out of where a tank
might be. At bottom is an attempt of what the lines look like.

A friend of mine who is in construction big time suggested that the whole
thing was made without a septic tank, as it is a seasonal cabin, and only
gets light use.

The only other thing I can do is dig, dig, dig, to see if I can dig down to
the suspected branches, or hit the actual tank. But by the looks of the
surface located lines, there is no septic tank.

Anyone ever heard of this? What would you do?