Posted to alt.home.repair

Default security lights?

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
My honey-do for the weekend is to install motion-activated security
lights at the front and rear of my g.f.'s house. Just some exterior
wall-mounted units with built-in sensors, I'm thinking. This seems like
somewhat of a no-brainer, but beyond aesthetic choices are there options
or do's and don'ts to consider? I want to avoid the shoulda woulda
coulda regrets.

If you have the option, they should be mounted off the house and aimed
towards it. You don't want to light the walk and leave dark spots right
along the house where someone could hide. You may do better with a regular
bulb rather than a spotlight.