Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Rewinding a motor stator

"N Cook" writes:

I thought that ovalling the axial parts to squash in the slots in the motor
core would be a problem but all went fine, though 7mm diameter when squashed
to a circle, rather than original about 6mm. The hank resistance of 7.1 ohm
compared to 7 ohm was good. I could not decide if the original was 29 or 30
swg but looks as though it was nearer 30 swg.
A rifenement is to lay a dowel or rod axial and outside the core to tie the
hank back to while pushing the axial sections into the core slots. The
overall circumference was too long so the ends of the hank overhanged at the
open ends too much. I will recalculate for 30 swg and have another go. There
was space in the housing to try out my effort so did have a go assembling
and running without lacquering in, and it worked fine.

Out of curiosity, how much time have you spent reviving your $10US drill?