Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Wire Burning

Mac ???
OK where have you been all those years, or is it months ?? seem like
it was a long time Mac !!
Good to see you are still alive and kicking.
I have been wondering how you where doing in your new place, got it
all set up the way you want ??, I assume not, seems like those things
always take longer than forever ;--))).
I've been kind of busy also, helping out both my sons, got 7 grandkids
now !!!!! and one more expected later this year, and they are a lot of
fun to have around, good reason to turn kid toys also.
I am at my youngest son right now, we build a good pick-nick table and
are working on a storage place for his garden equipment and other
stuff, like snow thrower.
We just got back from HD and Busy Bee, with a Delta Midi and Oneway
Chuck and a set of turning tools, my son does want to be able to turn
some spindle turning stuff, and I can use it also when I'm over
here ;-)).
Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Jun 15, 6:39 pm, mac davis wrote:
On 29 Jan 2007 20:12:22 -0800, "
wrote:

Hi Buddy

Yes Buddy, I've read this before and it is a very neat burning tool,
but especially on small turnings, you have only a small contact area,
I do like to go around a little ways.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

snip

Hey ol' timer!

I also like to bend the wire a bit...
this probably sounds weird, but on pens, I hold the wire either under the pen or
on the back side, so I can see the progress of the burn...

It's a real bitch to find out after removing the wire that you either burned too
deep, or that the wire made a nice groove but the wood didn't char...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing