Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem Markem is offline

Default ee's please reply - (or those who think think they may know)

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:43:14 -0400, Tom Watson
wrote:

The reason that it is important, to me, is that, if the electrons only
travel on the circumference, that circumference may be folded into a
smaller section than that described by the original, and wires would
not have to be so thick.

Would y'all please try to help me out of this conundrum?

Is my friend a poseur?

Experimenting with light weight conductors is always being done. But
the holy grail is room temp super conductor. The skin effect does
happen but at the diameter of the conductors generally used it is not
a problem (DC current). The electrons are forced in a random pattern
similar to the way photons travel within the suns deepest layers
changing from atom to atom within the conductor, but with a very
limited area.

But as Davis Estep once told me in my beginning of my tech career,
either it is forward biased or not.

It works or it does not.

Not an EE, but a eclectic electronic technician of over 25 years.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618