Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber Pat Barber is offline

Default Fuji HVLP Question

I assume you are wanting to shoot "bottom paint" ???

Most boatyards in our area use damn big airless sprayers
for that sort of application.

Lincoln Terns wrote:

Hey all you Fuji owners,
I've got a Fuji unit that came with a viscosity cup. The cup has no
designation with regard to any known standard measures ( Ford #4 for
example ) I want to shoot some very expensive marine paint and don't
want to waste any by experimenting with different ratios of thinner. I
sent Paul Smith, a very nice guy BTW, at Fuji an email inquiry and he
confirmed that the cup is not standardized. He suggested that I
experiment until it works and then record the ratio, which is exactly
what I don't want to do. Does anyone know to what scale this cup
correlates? Or, does anyone know where I can get a standardized cup? I
DAGS but came up empty.