Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike D Mike D is offline

Default Damp problem... DIY chemical damp-proof kit?

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:59:42 -0700, Chris George
wrote:

In fact you could do that without the dpc and probably get away with
it but not recommended.
Good luck
Chris

Chris, Thanks for your input. All of what you said concurs with my own
understanding of the issue. The house was built with lime mortar, so
that prabably helped. Yes, the damp meter shows a higher reading near
ground level and in most places the walls are much drier above 1 mtr
above floor level. I agree that your remedy is the thorough approach,
but hacking the plaster off the walls and replastering is, of course,
extremely disruptive and messy, to say the least. And the plaster that
has been used is not easy to remove.

Cheers,

Mike